Beauty comes from within
Call me crazy, I love cleaning windows. I love watching a panel of glass transform from a dusty and dirty view point to a sparkling opening to the world.
Dramatic, I know - but it's true. Clean windows make a massive difference and I'm a vision technician on a mission.
Some of my customers only want the outside of their windows cleaned, however, I get a buzz when a customer asks if I can do the ins too, it bothers me when a window is so clean on the outside and not cared for on the inside.
I know that there is more important things in life than clean windows:).
The reason I am covering this topic is during a clean on a block of flats, a lady shouted down "you've missed this panel". I hadn't, the dirt on the inside of her windows was so bad it looked like the outside hadn't been done.
The lady looked at the window properly and said, 'oh yes.'
No apology, why are some people so rude?
The funny thing is, I get these 'looks' on a regular basis, the 'oh your just my window cleaner' look.
It tickles me because they know nothing about me, whilst I love window cleaning, it isn't my full-time job, I'm a copywriter and marketer and have been for over five years.
Never judge a book by its cover, next time you look at your refuse collector, remember that might not be his full-time job - he could be in the MI6!
It doesn't take much time and energy to keep a clean window. Here's a quick guide:
1. Remove items that could be in the way when you do the clean, you don't want any broken vases or a mug off coffee falling on your laptop.
2. Give the glass and window sill a wipe with a dry cloth to remove the top layer of dust or grime. You could also give the framework a quick hoover too.
3. Apply warm soapy water with a sponge or soaper and use a squeegee to remove the water. Check out how to 'squeegee' on YouTube.
4. Use a dry cloth to wipe away any drips around the frame.
5. Tip: Vinegar isn't just for fish and chips - treat yourself to a bottle of white vinegar spray to remove stubborn stains on the glass.
6. Tip: For paint splashes or cement on the glass, use a blade to gently remove the marks.
7. Tip: If the black rubber seals on the windows mark the white window frame UPVC, buy an appropriate cleaner, for example: HG spray.
8. If you really can't be bothered to do all the above, give me a call.
Let me know if you have any questions or need advice about care for your windows.
Call: 07770934916 or 07800887857
Kind regards, Rachel